The Rent-Geared-to-Income (RGI) Administration Manual is a comprehensive, plain language document that includes the information housing providers/RGI Administrators need to administer the RGI program. The Manual includes rules provided by the Housing Services Act (HSA) and its regulations as well as City of Toronto (local) rules. The Manual contains details on eligibility, occupancy standards, determinations of household income, calculating RGI rent and making RGI decisions. The Manual also includes template forms in Chapter 10 (appendices).
Housing providers/RGI Administrators who receive funding from the City of Toronto for RGI assistance must comply with the Manual. Revised chapters will replace existing chapters by December 31, 2014.
This is the latest version of the Manual. It is important that you work with the online version as it contains the most recent updates. To view the Manual, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
- How to Use this Manual
- Chapter 1: Definitions
- Chapter 2: Overview of the Social Housing Program RGI
- Chapter 3: Basic Eligibility Standards (revised July 2014)
- Chapter 4: Occupancy Standards
- Chapter 5: What is Income and How to Verify It (revised January 2014)
- Chapter 6: Calculating Rent for an RGI Household
- Chapter 7: Reviewing RGI (revised August 2014)
- Chapter 7: Request for Review Form (attachment only, revised May 2014)
- Chapter 8: RGI Availability
- Chapter 8: Market Rent Application for RGI Assistance Form (attachment only, for housing provider use, August 2014)
- Chapter 9: Collecting and Keeping Information
- Chapter 10: Appendixes (revised August 2014)
Notice letters and review forms are available for downloading. They require Microsoft Word version 6.0 or higher. To download any of the forms, point to the form name, click the right mouse button, select Save Target As from the shortcut menu, choose a folder on your computer and click the Save button.
RGI Calculation Forms
Household income and asset review form - Sample (updated March 2013)
RGI calculation worksheet
Mandatory Form - Notice of Decision, Loss of Eligibility for RGI Assistance
Notice of Decision, Loss of Eligibility for RGI Assistance
Reminder notice to send income & asset review form
Missing information on income & asset review form
Notice of decision (updated March 2013)
Form 1: Medical need for an additional bedroom
Form 2: Care agency’s verification
Form 3: Caregiver’s verification
For more information or to report errors on our website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org