The Rent-Geared-to-Income (RGI) Guide is a comprehensive, plain language document designed to assist social housing providers in managing their RGI households in accordance with the Housing Services Act (HSA). The Guide contains details on eligibility, occupancy standards, determinations of household income, and calculating and reviewing RGI. The Guide also includes sample notice requirement forms in the appendices.
This is the latest version of the Guide. It is important that you work with this version as it contains changes.
To view the Guide, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
For your convenience, each chapter of the Guide is listed separately so that individual chapters can be printed.
- How to Use this Guide
- Chapter 1: Definitions
- Chapter 2: Overview of the Social Housing Program RGI
- Chapter 3: Basic Eligibility Standards
- Chapter 4: Occupancy Standards
- Chapter 5: What is Income and How to Verify It (revised January 2014)
- Chapter 6: Calculating Rent for an RGI Household
- Chapter 7: Reviewing RGI
- Chapter 7: Request for Review Form (attachment only, revised May 2014)
- Chapter 8: RGI Availability
- Chapter 8: Market Rent Application for RGI Assistance Form (attachment only, for housing provider use, July 2014)
- Chapter 9: Collecting and Keeping Information
- Chapter 10: Appendixes
RGI Sample Forms
Sample notice letters and review forms are available for downloading. They require Microsoft Word version 6.0 or higher.
Housing providers may change these samples to suit their needs or use other letters and forms that comply with HSA requirements.
To download any of the forms, point to the form name, click the right mouse button, select Save Target As from the shortcut menu, choose a folder on your computer and click the Save button.
RGI Calculation Forms
Household income and asset review form - Sample (updated March 2013)
RGI calculation worksheet
Reminder notice to send income & asset review form
Missing information on income & asset review form
Notice of decision (updated March 2013)
Notice of decision to remove RGI eligibility- missing documents (updated March 2013)
Notice of decision to remove RGI eligibility - other reasons (updated March 2013)
Notice of decision to remove RGI eligibility - paid market rent for 12 months (updated March 2013)
For more information or to report errors on our website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org