From March 11 to April 13, 2014 Spadina Museum hosted a major exhibit of costumes from one of the most popular and critically acclaimed period dramas ever produced, Downton Abbey. The exhibit featured 20 costumes from the production, a selection of dresses and accessories from the City of Toronto collection of the same era and Downton Abbey-themed tours of the restored house.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to create a one-of-a-kind exhibit like Dressing for Downton? Check out our behind-the-scenes Q&A's with some of the key people involved in bringing this exciting opportunity to Spadina Museum!
Downton-Inspired Tea Menu
Only available as part of the Tea & Tour Package
- Scones with Cream and Jam
- Fresh Strawberries
- Cucumber with Watercress and Cream Cheese
- Tomato and Dill Mousse on a Rice Cracker
- Minted Green Peas in Boston Lettuce Cup
- Petit Madeleine
- Petit Four (Flourless Chocolate Cake)
- Mini Lemon Tart
- Albert's Golf Tea (black tea with vanilla)
- Lady Hannah Tea (tisane, no caffeine)
Tea & Tour Packages presented in partnership with Madeleines.
- "'Downton Abbey' duds come to Toronto's Spadina House museum"
March 11, 2014 - CTV News
- "Downton Abbey costumes at Spadina Museum in Toronto"
March 10, 2014 - Toronto Star
- "'Downton Abbey' costumes to be featured in exhibit at Toronto's Spadina Museum"
January 29, 2014 - Metro News
- "Downton Abbey costumes coming to Toronto’s Spadina Museum"
January 28, 2014 - Toronto Star
- "Downton Abbey returns: The enduring charm of lavish living"
January 3, 2014 - CBC News
Thank you to our Sponsors and Partners