The mission of the Toronto Public Service and its 33,493 members is to serve our great city. The Toronto Public Service fosters a corporate culture that sets the highest standard of integrity, professionalism and ethical behaviour.
The Toronto Public Service By-law codifies values upheld by members of the public service. Members of the Toronto Public Service will:
- Serve the public well
- Serve Council well and/ or their Board well
- Act with integrity
- Maintain political neutrality
- Uphold Toronto's motto – Diversity Our Strength
- Use City property, services, and resources responsibly
- Apply judgement and discretion
- Serve the Public Service well
Toronto is Canada's largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. It is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture and is consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities.
The Toronto Public Service operates within a framework of service, stewardship and commitment.
We serve individuals, communities and the city as a whole; as well we service City Council in fulfilling its mandate. We do this by:
- Planning for improvement
- Doing the right things at fair cost
- Adapting and innovating to meet changing needs
- Balancing and protecting the needs of individuals and communities
- Providing Council with sound public policy options and advice
- We use resources wisely to maintain and create a livable city for future generations
- We balance the economic, social and environmental needs of the city
- We serve the public with skill, knowledge and respect
- We are responsible and accountable
- We value each other
- We value diversity, creativity, participation and fairness