The Purchasing & Materials Management Division (PMMD) is committed to achieving the highest standards in customer service and has implemented the following service level standards in keeping with the Corporate Customer Service Standards, including:
- All Councillor/Mayor inquiries will be acknowledged within the current business day (if possible) or within one business day with an indication provided as to when a final response will be provided.
- All telephone calls (from both internal and external customers) will be returned within one business day.
- Personal voice mail greetings will be courteous, give the caller as much information as possible and request callers to leave a detailed message.
- Voice boxes will be cleared daily.
- Recorded vacation or absence messages will provide a co-worker's name and phone number as backup while out of the office.
- Callers will be assisted and if needed, will be directed to the correct area. Callers will not be transferred to another voice box without being made aware. Customers (client divisions and vendors) calling the correct area will have their issue resolved by involving as few City staff as possible.
Written Correspondence (Non e-mail):
- All written correspondence will be responded to within 5 business days.
- All e-mails will be acknowledged within two business days (48 hours) and where information is being sought that cannot be immediately provided, an indication should be provided to the writer as to when the final response can be provided.
- Outgoing vacation or absence messages will be activated providing a co-worker's name and contact information as backup while out of the office.
The Purchasing & Materials Management Division aims to deliver exceptional, equitable and accessible customer service. If our customers (client divisions and/or vendor community) are dissatisfied with the service they receive, PMMD would like to receive your feedback.
Complaint Handling Guidelines outline how PMMD staff will manage complaints efficiently, fairly, effectively and uniformly. Please refer to the PMMD's Complaint Handling Guidelines.