The City of Toronto is now offering property owners the option to receive their utility billings on a monthly basis as part of a one-year pilot project. Why enrol in the Monthly Utility Billing program?
- Instead of three bills a year, property owners will receive one bill each month
- Smaller, more manageable payments
- Improved monitoring of water consumption
- Be alerted earlier to potential leaks and plumbing issues
- More timely billing to reflect the cost of exchanged garbage, recycling or organics bins
To be accepted in this one-year pilot program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Property owner
- Utility account enrolled in the Pre-Authorized Utility Bill Payment Program (automatic payment withdrawals)
- Utility account enrolled in epostTM (electronic billing)
- Automatic Meter Reader (AMR) installed
How to Apply
The Monthly Utility Billing application is available online and at Enquiry/Cashier Counters at City Hall and Civic Centres.
If you meet the program requirements, submit a completed application one of the following ways:
- Mail to: Revenue Services – Utility Unit, North York Civic Centre, 5100 Yonge Street, Toronto ON M2N 5V7
- Fax: 416-696-3605, Attn: Utility Billing
- In person at Enquiry/Cashier Counters at City Hall and Civic Centres.
More information about this pilot program can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions below, or by calling 311.