- Align your organization with an award-winning tree planting program
- Be instrumental in making Toronto a more livable city
- Leave a lasting legacy on the City’s landscape and public space
- Gain high visibility and increase awareness of your company’s corporate name and logo
- Engage your employees in tree planting events that support team-building and boost workplace morale
- Reduce your company’s carbon footprint and help reduce greenhouse gas effects
- Contribute to a cleaner and more beautiful city
Numerous opportunities exist to support Trees Across Toronto. We can customize your sponsorship activation to suit your organization’s goals and needs. Organizations that sponsor the City of Toronto’s Trees Across Toronto Program will showcase their commitment to the health and well-being of our city and to sustaining our fragile urban environment. Through your corporation’s participation, you will gain high visibility and increase awareness of your company’s corporate name and logo along highly travelled traffic corridors.
All cash sponsorships and donations are used for the Trees Across Toronto Program. Funds are used toward the purchase of quality native plant species and materials, on-site design fees and labour costs. Cash sponsorships and donations also support the maintenance of newly planted trees for the first two years. This early maintenance helps the tree establish its roots and increases its chance to grow to maturity. After that, only minimal maintenance is required.
The Trees Across Toronto program can also use in-kind support and can be negotiated with the Trees Across Toronto team. Some examples of past in-kind support are as follows:
Product - refreshments provided at planting sites the day of the event, shovels, pails, gloves.
Service - advertising & marketing, buck slip mail outs, point of purchase advertising, landscaping, educational materials, brochures, landscaping, tree-planting.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Some organizations match their employee's charitable contributions to programs and events like Trees Across Toronto. Please contact your organization's Human Resources specialist to determine how your company/organization can match charitable contributions to Trees Across Toronto and increase the impact of your individual or group donation.
Volunteer Team Building Support
Along with your organization's cash support of $10,000 or more you may opt to join the annual spring planting event. You can choose from one of five sites to help plant trees on the last Saturday of April. Your groups will be guaranteed a supply of trees to plant, support from the on-site natural environment staff and opportunity to do a great activity together as a team.
To find out more about the City of Toronto Trees Across Toronto Program, or to discuss sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Trees Across Toronto
The program is designed to ensure that planting can proceed at each urban forest site as soon as sponsorships are confirmed. Plantings occur during two tree planting seasons each year:
Spring: last week of April to end of June
Fall: end of September to end of October
The City has many planting sites currently available to sponsors. If you have a site of your own in mind, please let us know. We will try to accommodate your choice, provided it falls within our guidelines.
Trees Across Toronto Program Accomplishments
- Recognized with the Award of Merit from the Public Sector Quality Fair 2007
- Planted over 400,000 trees and shrubs at various sites across the City.
- Received cash and in-kind sponsorship donations of over $1.5 million.
- Worked with over 4,000 volunteers annually to plant trees and shrubs.
- Provided excellent public education and stewardship opportunities.