The City is sad to advise that Councillor Moeser passed away on April 18, 2017 due to health complications related to his battle with lymphoma cancer.
Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West, Suite B33
5504 Lawrence Avenue East
Councillor Moeser's website:
Profile (information provided by Councillor)
Ron brings eighteen years of experience to this New City Council, nine years as Councillor for Scarborough and nine years as Councillor for the City of Toronto.
"That the community's goals should be respected and considered first. It is important that the constituents be consulted on all changes that impact on the future of the residents. Ron's goal is to support and implement changes that enhance the quality of life in Ward 44."
Ron has been involved and he accomplished many important objectives during his tenure as Councillor for Ward 44.
- Organized and fought for the preservation of the Rouge Valley. Brought together all the Community Associations in Scarborough (C.O.S.C.A.) to help create Canada's Largest Urban Park.
- Secured funding and approvals for the Port Union Waterfront and Village Common including the tunnel to the waterfront.
- Got funding for the Morningside Library on Lawrence Avenue at Heron Park.
- Ron was instrumental in the rebuilding of Heron Park Community Centre and the restoration of the swimming pool and children's play park.
- Secured and maintained funding for the 43 Division Police Station.
- Was instrumental in securing the funds for the Bill Dempsey EcoPark located at the head waters of the Centennial Creek in Highland Creek.
- Worked with Darlene Cross to assure the Crossroads Skateboard Facility was built for the youth of our community.
- Obtained funding for the purchase and restoration of the Morrish Store in Highland Creek.
- During his 15 year tenure not one creek system was buried in Ward 44.
- Secured funding to rebuild Lawrence Ave. from Beechgrove to Kingston Rd.
- Worked with GO Transit to add parking north of Village Common for waterfront and Go Parking.
Past committees and agencies include:
- Budget Committee 1990-2003
- Past chair of the Scarborough Community Council
- Toronto Regional Conservation Authority (T.R.C.A.) -Past Chair Finance Committee - (To assure funding for Waterfront Trail)
- Past Board Member of Toronto Hydro
- Toronto Zoo Board
- C.N.E. Board of Managers
- City of Toronto Seniors Committees
- Board of Centenary Hospital for six years
- G.T.A. Committee - to look at future growth in GTA area
- Past Member of the Rouge Park Alliance
Ron his wife Heather and 3 daughters have lived in Ward 44 for the last 30 years and have enjoyed participating in the many activities of our community.