The Children's Services Division plans, manages and funds a system of quality early learning and child care for Toronto families. The division works with the provincial government, school boards and community partners to organize a coordinated system that provides families with services that promote healthy child development and family well-being.
These services include:
- licensed child care and before- and after-school programs,
- fee subsidies to help eligible families with the cost of licensed care,
- support for children with special needs who are enrolled in child care,
- directly operated child care programs through Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services,
- the Assessment for Quality Improvement which assists child care programs to deliver high quality care for children,
- funding to family support and summer day programs and
- the development of polices and programs, based on research and evidence-based practice that advance the well-being of children and families.