Pre-Authorized Property Tax Payment Program
Here is an easy way to pay your Toronto property taxes.
This voluntary program authorizes your financial institution to automatically withdraw your property tax payments from your account and forward them to the City of Toronto on the tax bill withdrawal dates.
You Choose the Plan
- We have three plans. Two, six, or eleven payments, it's your choice.
- You will no longer have to write cheques or stand in line on an instalment due date. Your financial institution will withdraw the payment on the withdrawal dates.
Easy to Budget
- Payment plans make it easier for you to budget each month.
- You will reduce your postage and cheque costs by providing authorization to automatically withdraw all of your tax payments from your account.
- You don't have to worry about lost or stolen cheques and your personal information is kept strictly confidential.
- You will always make your payment on time, even if you are out of town. You will avoid missed payments and any interest charges.
To qualify, all taxes must be paid in full.
This program authorizes your financial institution to automatically withdraw your property tax payments from your account and forward them to the City of Toronto on the withdrawal dates set for the
2-Instalment, 6-Instalment or the 11-Instalment Payment Plan.
Once enrolled, you will receive a Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Program bill which outlines your instalment withdrawal dates and amounts for your tax bill. You should continue to pay your taxes through your regular payment method until you receive a Pre-Authorized Tax Bill.
Other charges that are added to your tax account such as Supplementary/Omitted tax bills, utility charges, etc., cannot be paid through this program and must be paid by a separate payment.
If you do not receive a Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Program bill, it may mean that you did not qualify for enrollment either because your application was received after the deadline, or your account has outstanding taxes.
The Payment plans
Regardless of the plan you choose, payments are withdrawn from your financial institution account on the tax instalment withdrawal dates. In order to qualify, all three instalments of the 2014 interim bill must be paid in full.
If you register for this plan, your property taxes will be paid each year by two withdrawals from your financial institution account; one instalment in March for the interim bill and one instalment in July for the final bill.
If you register for this plan, your property taxes will be paid each year by six withdrawals from your financial institution account; three instalments from March to May for the interim bill and three instalments from July to September for the final bill.
If you register for this plan, there will be 11 withdrawals from your financial institution account; five instalments from February to June for the interim bill and six instalments from July to December for the final bill.
Apply by the deadline to qualify for the program beginning with the 2014 final property tax bill.
Complete all three steps to ensure you qualify:
Pay all three instalments of your 2014 interim tax bill by the due dates and any other outstanding balances. Post-dated cheques for the three due dates are accepted.
Read the Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement and complete all required fields on the application form including the appropriate check boxes, signatures and the full date year, month and date (YYYY-MM-DD). Include a void cheque or have your financial institution complete the account information section of the form. Return the signed form and void cheque before the deadline.
Mail your completed application and void cheque to:
Treasurer, City of Toronto
Box 2500, Terminal A
Toronto, ON M5W 1H2
*Sending personal information by fax is not a secure means of transmission.
You may only enrol and remain in the program if all your property taxes are paid up to date. This includes the full 2014 interim property tax bill amount and any other outstanding taxes or charges. Post-dated cheques are accepted for the 2014 interim bill. The Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Program will be effective with your next property tax billing.
If you own more than one property in the City, please complete one application per property.
- With each application, enclose a void cheque or a deposit slip with the name of your financial institution, transit number and account number.
- Please note: Line of credit accounts and credit card cheques cannot be used for pre-authorized payments.
- You may change your financial institution information or cancel your participation in the plan by providing signed written notice at least 15 days before the next payment date. If you are withdrawing from the program, you must immediately pay the outstanding balance in full to avoid interest charges. If you are changing your financial institution information, a new void cheque is required. Forms are available for changing financial institution information or cancelling the program.
- Once enrolled, you will automatically remain in the program until you send a signed, written request to withdraw or are removed from the program. You will be removed from the program if a payment does not clear through your financial institution, if you make or send duplicate payments, if you have an unpaid balance, or if there is an ownership change recorded for your property.
- This payment plan is not transferable to another property.
Visit our receipts page for more information.
If any of your pre-authorized payments do not clear through your financial institution account, the City will charge you an administrative fee and penalty/interest. You will also be automatically removed from the pre-authorized program and returned to the regular instalment plan.
Any other charges that are added to your tax account (such as Supplementary/Omitted Tax Bills, utility bill charges, etc.) will not be deducted through the pre-authorized program and must be paid separately. If you do not pay other charges separately, you will be removed from the program and returned to the regular instalment plan.
Revenue Services Division Customer Service Representatives can answer your questions. Call 416-338-4829.