Traffic Conditions and Restrictions
City of Toronto is facing an unprecedented amount of public and private construction activity on our roads. This often causes frustration for drivers, business owners and residents as pressure is placed on our transportation routes when lanes of traffic are taken away to accommodate this work, The City is working hard to coordinate these various construction activities. Find out more about Construction Coordination in the City and to learn more about the challenges of construction and what the city is doing to minimize disruptions, click here.
Click one of the tabs below and read the paragraph that appears beneath it for more information on infrastructure construction.
There's an old saying about Toronto that goes like this: There are two seasons in Toronto, winter and infrastructure renewal.
Wait. You say you've heard the joke, but the punchline was different.
Well, there are two sides to every story. Let's take a different perspective on the construction you see on city streets.
Examples of the misunderstanding about the City's construction work and traffic coordination.
- Wide range of maintenance tasks completed on Don Valley Parkway (April 15, 2017)
- Lane closures scheduled on Dundas Street East for watermain, streetcar track and road construction work (April 19, 2017)
- Don Valley Parkway closed this weekend for annual spring maintenance (April 18, 2017)
- City of Toronto co-ordinating road closures, speeding up road work and improving infrastructure during busy 2017 construction season (April 10, 2017)
- City of Toronto to provide details for 2017 construction season (April 7, 2017)
- Changes to parking and turning regulations on selected Toronto streets east of downtown core (April 6, 2017)
- Eastbound ramp from Gardiner Expressway to York/Bay/Yonge Streets closed as of April 17 (April 6, 2017)
- Toronto watermain, streetcar track and road construction work to reduce lanes on Wellington Street for several months (April 6, 2017)
- Proposed expressway closures for City of Toronto maintenance work and major events this spring and summer (February 17, 2017)
- Eastbound ramp from Gardiner Expressway to York/Bay/Yonge Streets to be demolished, replaced with new ramp (February 8, 2017)