Parks, Forestry & Recreation
The City of Toronto has many beautiful sites that can be permitted for picnics, social gatherings, wedding ceremonies and photography, and much more. These sites include indoor conservatories and outdoor gardens. Also, Commercial Dog Walker Permits are available for individuals to walk 4 to 6 dogs on a commercial basis in City parks.
Parks, Forestry and Recreation now has fillable forms which can be completed electronically! Our most frequently used forms are now offered as fillable PDFs on our website:
- One Time Use of Space Application Form
- Permit Account Application Form
- Application for Special Event in a City Park or Facility
- Seasonal Request for Space Application Form
- Permit Membership Information
- Commercial Dog Walker Permit Application
- Commercial Photography Application Form
- Temporary Mobile Sign Application Form
Parks, Forestry and Recreation is developing 20-year Facilities Master Plan. This high level plan will help the City to make strategic decisions on how and where to invest in future park and recreation facilities. Learn more about the Plan and its consultation strategy in this staff report, that was approved by City Council's Executive Committee on October 20, 2015.
You don't need to leave the city to sing campfire songs and roast marshmallows. More than 20 City parks feature fire pits that you can book through the park permit system (for a fee). Check out which parks have fire pits, then plan for your night under the stars!