Planting trees, shrubs and wildflowers is fun and great for all ages! By volunteering, you will be instrumental in helping to connect communities with their natural surroundings.
How you are helping!
You will be strengthening Toronto's environmental legacy. Thousands of trees, shrubs and flowers have been planted thus far! If you love Toronto's parkland, working as part of a team or simply want to brush up on planting skills come out and aid in creating an environmentally- friendly Toronto.
As an event volunteer you will meet like-minded individuals and plant trees, shrubs and flowers.
Acquire general understanding of native habitat restoration
Meet new people, gain new friendships and network within the community
Gain experience, leadership and interpersonal skills
Be challenged while spending time outdoors
Acquire documented volunteer hours (if requested)
Receive recognition for your participation
When do events happen?
Tree planting and environmental stewardship events take place in the spring and fall every year. See our calendar for more information on when and where we are hosting public events.
Please note: Groups of 10 or more should register in advance firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect.
Public tree planting events include a tree planting demonstration by City staff, and the opportunity to plant and mulch trees at your own pace. No previous experience is required and all materials are provided.
Planting Day Tips for Volunteers:
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy close-toed shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring water in a reusable container you can take home with you. Help make this a litter less event!
- Remember to wear sun screen.
- Gloves and shovels are provided.
- Plantings happen rain or shine but not in thunderstorms. Please dress for the weather.
- Most of our sites do not have permanent washroom facilities.
- If you are a student looking for volunteer hours, please remember to bring your paperwork with you to be signed by a site lead.