Fairfield Seniors' CentreAddress: 80 LOTHIAN AVE M8Z 4K5 Map It
Fairfield Seniors' Centre offers a wide range of social, educational and support services to older adults in the community. Special events, older adult's clubs and weekly programs take place at is centre throughout the year.
- Crafts - Older AdultThese courses, designed for participants over the age of 60, offer instruction in a variety of crafts such as jewellery making, wood burning and paper tole.
- Dance - Older AdultVariety of courses offering both dance instruction and social dancing
- Dance: Line Dance: Social (60yrs and over)
- Jun-21-2017 to Aug-16-2017, Wed, 9:30 - 11am
- Visual Arts - Older AdultThese courses, designed for participants over the age of 60, fall within visual arts area that may include drawing, painting, and pottery.
- Camp Activity Early Child - 1/2 Day BasicThese Activity Camps are designed to give campers up to age 5, a fun-filled, action-packed and safe camp experience. Campers will be involved in arts and crafts, games, sports, special events, outdoor activities and local trips. These camps have no consumable fee.
- Activity Camp (4 - 5yrs)
- Aug-08-2017 to Aug-18-2017, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, 9am - 12pm
- Cardio - Older AdultThese classes are suitable for all levels, focusing on providing a minimum of 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercises that use large muscle groups in a continuous and rhythmic manner. Most classes will also include a muscle conditioning component. Regular participation can help improve one's cardiovascular system (heart/lungs), flexibility, balance and co-ordination. Small equipment may be used.
- Gentle Fit (60yrs and over)
- Jun-19-2017 to Aug-28-2017, Mon, 11:15am - 12:15pm
- Osteo Fit (60yrs and over)
- Jun-19-2017 to Aug-28-2017, Mon, 1 - 2pm
- Osteo Fit (60yrs and over)
- Jun-19-2017 to Aug-28-2017, Mon, 2:15 - 3:15pm
- Body Sculpt (60yrs and over)
- Jun-20-2017 to Aug-22-2017, Tue, 1 - 2pm
- Cardio Mix (60yrs and over)
- Jun-21-2017 to Aug-16-2017, Wed, 1 - 2pm
- Cardio Dance - Older AdultThese classes are suitable for all levels incorporating various culture inspired music and dance movements to create a dynamic, exciting, aerobic workout. Participants will benefit by having a total body fun workout that improves rhythm, burns calories and strengthens muscles. May include a muscle conditioning component.
- ZUMBA GOLD(R) (60yrs and over)
- Jun-20-2017 to Aug-15-2017, Tue, 10 - 11am
- Muscle Conditioning - Older AdultThese classes are suitable for all levels, focusing on building bone mass, muscular strength and endurance with no cardio component. Classes may be specific to certain areas of the body and may use equipment such as body bars, stability balls, BOSU, hand weights and exercise bands.
- Pilates - Older AdultBuild longer, leaner muscles while safely exploring optimal strength, flexibility and endurance. Exercises focus on strengthening core postural, abdominal and back muscles. Participants are required to bring their own mat.
- Pilates (60yrs and over)
- Jun-21-2017 to Aug-16-2017, Wed, 1:45 - 2:45pm
- Tai Chi - Older AdultEmphasis is on general health and fitness through the development of slow and controlled movements in a fixed sequence. Enjoy the benefits of improved health, relief of stress and the promotion of concentrated relaxation. Various styles are offered.
- Yoga - Older AdultA series of postures promoting flexibility, specific breathing and relaxation techniques, while strengthening and toning muscles. Various styles are offered. Participants are required to bring their own mat.
- General Interest - Older AdultAn opportunity to interact and socialize with other participants through a variety of activities and interests.
|Facility Type||Quantity||Facility Rating *|
* Facilities can be available to permit. Permit rates are dependent on facility rating of Premium, A, B or C and your group category. Use the Facility Rating Criteria to learn more about amenities that might be available at each facility.