DA Morrison Junior High School
- 271 Gledhill Ave
- Contact Us: 416 396-2880
- Ward: 31
- District: Toronto & East York
- Near: Gledhill Ave & Barker Ave
- TTC Information
- SPLASH Swim TeamPrerequisite: Must be able to swim at least 2 continuous pool lengths unassisted. Participants are provided with swim workouts along with the assistance and development of the four competitive swimming stroke and competitive swim skills.
- Tiny Tots SwimChildren in tiny tots progress through the Learn to Swim skills at their own pace. Lessons are private (one participant per instructor) and 15 minutes in length. There are no prerequisites.
- Ultra Swim 1Safety, facility and aquatic orientation. Introduction to entries, exits, submersions, breath control and basic floats with assistance. Floats, movement, basic kicks and swimming skills.
- Ultra Swim 2Development of entries and exits, breath holding, bobbing and floats. Introduction to front and back swim, treading skills and deep water orientations. Continuous swim 5 metres.
- Ultra Swim 3Development of endurance, time requirements, entries, bobbing, rolls, sculling and treading skills. Introduction to front crawl, PFD/lifejacket/buoyant aids, clothed survival and use of aids. Continuous swim 15 metres.
- Ultra Swim 4Development of breath control, entries, deepwater techniques, survival skills and front crawl. Introduction to back crawl, combined stroke swims, deep water, descent and ascent, under water swim. HELP position and self-rescue. Continuous swim 25 metres.
- Ultra Swim 5Development of front and back crawl, treading skills, simple rescue techniques and deep water abilities. Introduction to surface dives, front dives, whip kick, primary assessment and basic lifesaving skills. Continuous swim 50 metres. Must be comfortable in deep water.
- Ultra Swim 6Development of shallow dives, eggbeater, foot first surface dive, self rescue and basic lifesaving skills. Introduction to elementary back stroke and artificial respiration. Continous swim 100 metres.