Scadding Court Community CentreAddress: 707 Dundas St W M5T 2W6 Map It
Please contact the Scadding Court Community Centre for more information.
This location is a community centre where programs are free.
- Cardio - AdultThese classes are suitable for all levels, focusing on providing a minimum of 20 minutes of cardiovascular exercises that use large muscle groups in a continuous and rhythmic manner. Most classes will also include a muscle conditioning component. Regular participation can help improve one's cardiovascular system (heart/lungs), flexibility, balance and co-ordination. Small equipment may be used.
- Adult Swim 1Basic swimming skills and water safety. This is an introductory or beginner level. Prerequisite: A keen interest in developing skills and knowledge that promotes safe enjoyment of aquatic environments. Adult 1 develops or increases students' comfort in the water through basic floatation, movement and breathing skills and fosters the basic knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to prepare, stay safe and survive in and around water.
- Adult Swim 2Swimming strokes and water safety. Prerequisite: Ability to swim 15 metres continuously on front or back and a willingness to increase comfort in deep water. Adult 2 develops one or more swimming strokes, working towards proficiency and increased endurance, and introduces or enhances water safety knowledge and skills relevant to the student.
- Bronze CrossPrerequisite: Bronze Medallion, Emergency First Aid (CPR-B). This course is designed for lifesavers who want the challenge of more advanced training including an introduction to safe supervision in aquatic facilities. Bronze Cross teaches the difference between lifesaving and lifeguarding, the principles of emergency procedures, teamwork, and use of special equipment. Candidates must be able to complete a 600m swim in 18 minutes or less. Bronze Cross is a prerequisite for lifeguard training in the National Lifeguard Service (NLS) program and Lifesaving Society Instructors.
- Bronze Cross (13 - 24yrs)
- Jan-11-2017 to Mar-08-2017, Wed, 6 - 8:30pm
- Bronze Medallion & Emergency First Aid (CPR B)Prerequisites: Bronze Star or minimum 13 years of age. Teaches young and adult lifesavers alike how to respond in complex water rescue situations. Bronze Medallion develops physical fitness, decision making and judgement skills in preparation for challenging rescues of increased risk. Lifesavers must demonstrate stroke efficiency and endurance in a timed swim. Candidates must be able to complete a 500 m swim in 15 minutes or less by the course exam date. Emergency First Aid with CPR-B teaches general knowledge of first aid principles and the emergency treatment of injuries. Skills include: victim assessment, rescue breathing, adult and child CPR and obstructed airway response, identification and treatment of respiratory and circulatory emergencies. Bronze Medallion and Emergency First Aid (CPR-B) are prerequisites for all future lifesaving awards.
- Bronze Medallion & Emergency First Aid (CPR B) (13 - 24yrs)
- Jan-11-2017 to Mar-15-2017, Wed, 6 - 8:30pm
- Guardian Swim 1The Guardian Swim Program provides an introduction to the aquatic environment and basic skills. It is age appropriate and progressive. Learning is facilitated through the parent/ caregiver to ensure comfort, communication and extra safety. Parent or guardian must accompany child into the water. One child per parent/guardian
- Preschool Swim 1: PenguinSafety, facility and aquatic orientation. Introduction to entries, exits, submersions, breath control and basic floats with assistance. Floats, movement, basic kicks and swimming skills.
- Preschool Swim 2: StingrayDevelopment of entries and exits, breath holding, bobbing and floats. Introduction to front and back swim, treading skills and deep water orientations. Continuous swim 5 metres.
- Preschool Swim 2: Stingray (3 - 5yrs)
- Jan-07-2017 to Mar-04-2017, Sat, 12 - 12:30pm
- Preschool Swim 3: OtterDevelopment of endurance, time requirements, entries, bobbing, rolls, sculling and treading skills. Introduction to front crawl, PFD/lifejacket/buoyant aids, clothed survival and use of aids. Continuous swim 15 metres.
- Preschool Swim 3: Otter (3 - 5yrs)
- Jan-11-2017 to Mar-08-2017, Wed, 6:30 - 7pm
- Rookie PatrolPrerequisite: Ultra 8. Features timed 100 metre swims, 350 metre workouts and swims with clothes. A work hard/play hard approach develops swimming strength and efficiency with emphasis on personal responsibility for Water Smart Behaviour.
- Rookie Patrol (9yrs and over)
- Jan-07-2017 to Mar-04-2017, Sat, 10 - 11am
- SPLASH Swim TeamPrerequisite: Must be able to swim at least 2 continuous pool lengths unassisted. Participants are provided with swim workouts along with the assistance and development of the four competitive swimming stroke and competitive swim skills.
- Star PatrolPrerequisite: Ultra 9. Features timed 300 metre swims, 600 metre workouts, lifeguard whistle signals, and airway and bleeding first aid priorities. Demands good physical conditioning and lifesaving judgement.
- Star Patrol (9yrs and over)
- Jan-07-2017 to Mar-04-2017, Sat, 10 - 11am
- Synchronized SwimThis Synchro Ontario Trillium program builds strength, endurance, flexibility and is ideal for those who are between levels or who are looking for a new aquatic challenge. Prerquisite: must be comfortable to swim extended periods in deep end.
- Synchro Swim 1 (6 - 12yrs)
- Jan-09-2017 to Mar-06-2017, Mon, 5:30 - 6:30pm
- Ultra Swim 1Safety, facility and aquatic orientation. Introduction to entries, exits, submersions, breath control and basic floats with assistance. Floats, movement, basic kicks and swimming skills.
- Ultra Swim 2Development of entries and exits, breath holding, bobbing and floats. Introduction to front and back swim, treading skills and deep water orientations. Continuous swim 5 metres.
- Ultra Swim 3Development of endurance, time requirements, entries, bobbing, rolls, sculling and treading skills. Introduction to front crawl, PFD/lifejacket/buoyant aids, clothed survival and use of aids. Continuous swim 15 metres.
- Ultra Swim 4Development of breath control, entries, deepwater techniques, survival skills and front crawl. Introduction to back crawl, combined stroke swims, deep water, descent and ascent, under water swim. HELP position and self-rescue. Continuous swim 25 metres.
- Ultra Swim 5Development of front and back crawl, treading skills, simple rescue techniques and deep water abilities. Introduction to surface dives, front dives, whip kick, primary assessment and basic lifesaving skills. Continuous swim 50 metres. Must be comfortable in deep water.
- Ultra Swim 6Development of shallow dives, eggbeater, foot first surface dive, self rescue and basic lifesaving skills. Introduction to elementary back stroke and artificial respiration. Continous swim 100 metres.
- Ultra Swim 6 (5yrs and over)
- Jan-07-2017 to Mar-04-2017, Sat, 11 - 11:45am
- Ultra Swim 7Development of entries, surface dives, elementary back stroke, kicks, lifesaving & treading skills. Introduction to breast stroke and deep dives. Continous swim 150 metres.
- Ultra Swim 7 (5yrs and over)
- Jan-07-2017 to Mar-04-2017, Sat, 11:45am - 12:30pm
- Ultra Swim 8Development of deep dives, surface dives with underwater swim, all strokes and kicks. Continuous swim 200 metres.
- Ultra Swim 8 (5yrs and over)
- Jan-07-2017 to Mar-04-2017, Sat, 11am - 12pm
- Ultra Swim 9Development of self rescue abilities, non contact rescue and stroke improvement. Introduction to stride jump and compact jump. Continous swim 300 metres.
- Ultra Swim 9 (5yrs and over)
- Jan-07-2017 to Mar-04-2017, Sat, 12:30 - 1:30pm
|Facility Type||Quantity||Facility Rating *|
* Facilities can be available to permit. Permit rates are dependent on facility rating of Premium, A, B or C and your group category. Use the Facility Rating Criteria to learn more about amenities that might be available at each facility.